Saturday, June 5, 2010

nonsense, no

This time, I stay close to what I find standing.
I identify the fireflies, but admire more the cereal.
After the soil, the roots,
intricate strings
pulling through and collecting.

Once upon a year ago or so, I thought of writing candidly about my experiences,
so that those I barely speak to could have a sense of what I'm doing.
The terribly habit of ambiguity is at home in my poetry, and sometimes
I don't even know where these bags of images come from, that show
up on my mind's front porch.
I wrestle my weak descriptions so often, down in the grass,
all of us wet with rain or dew.
The verbs on top, than I am, till an adjective kicks me in the back
of my knee, and the adverbs all snicker.

Nouns crowd me all day long:
cows, cups, fissures and flowers.

So, apologies for the river water I've offered
in lieu of lemonade.
I'll go back to school soon and try to do better.



1 comment:

  1. some of us would kill for but a fraction of your way with words...

    ReplyDelete